Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Night

Here it is Friday night and I had a great dinner out with Brian. We had free babysitting tonight. Dinner was wonderful at Celebrations on Lovers Lane. I really don't know of a place like it in Collin County. Maybe we should start looking.

I like the way it feels to go out to dinner without the kids and feel free for a few hours, to go slow and not worry about yelling, temper tantrums, and diapers. I think that I am a person who really enjoys conversation. The ebb and flow of conversation over a leisurely dinner is one of the great joys of life and a great way to strengthen friendships. Its almost magical. I know there have been many books that go into lovely prose about the joys of the table combined with the joys of friendship. One that comes to mind is "Under the Tuscan Sun" of course I am talking about the book not the movie. I recommend this one for anyone who has to suffer the indignity of the stay-cation. Like I did this year. This book with take you on a mental vacation to the Italian countryside with is slower pace of life and enjoyment of the moment. The author can make painting a room sound like lyrical journey into sensuous adventures rather than a mundane task.

No comments: