Friday, August 20, 2010

Winds of Change

My difficult summer is about to come to an end on Monday when both of my boys will be in school full days. I hate to say it but I feel a heavy weight being lifted from my shoulders. I will be working part time with the kids in school so I will have 5 hours twice a week of me time. Most of this me time will be donated back to the family in the form of running errands or housework, but I plan to spend some of this precious time on myself and I don't feel guilty about that at all. I have spending any free time that I can scrape together making plans to use this gift of time wisely. I have several plans for the future that are simmering right now and I am truly excited about all of them.

  • One thing I will be doing next week is setting up visits to several local massage schools that I am interested in attending. I am very excited about setting out on this new path. It feel very right for me now. I have been thinking it over and praying about it for about 6 months and I am ready to start the process. I won't be able to start classes until next year, but I am happy to be certain of my next steps. That will also give me some time to work on my own wellness and weight loss programs. I know that in massage school you have to practice on your class mates and I would like to go in knowing that I look the best I can.

  • I also plan on using my days off to be active and really challenge myself physically. I can go to the gym, go for a hike, or ride my bike to run errands. The sky is the limit really. I can't wait to visit my secret getaway in the woods by Town Lake. I love my labyrinth. I need to take a picture of it to post.
  • I also plan to get back into my organic co-op that has a Tuesday pick-up since that is one of my days off. I am ready for all these changes bring them on.
  • The one change I need to make and know will make all the difference to my health goals is logging my calories everyday. I am so bad about logging breakfast and lunch and leaving the rest blank. Doesn't really help at all if you don't write everything down. This will be a struggle, but it is the cornerstone to any efforts to change my body for the better.

No comments: