Thursday, January 21, 2010

In Nature


Today I spent the day hiking at the Heard Museum. It was such a nice and sunny day, I could not spend it indoors cleaning the house. There were birds everywhere in the woods and grasslands. I wish I knew the names of them all, but I was happy to enjoy them in nameless beauty. I took my camera with me and took some lovely pictures. I had a peaceful walk and sat and wrote in my journal. Just a perfect day.

After I picked Lulu up from school we went to feed the ducks at the park. He enjoyed this tremendously. There were mallards and a few Canadian geese. The aggressive big ducks with the ugly red eyes were not there and that was much more enjoyable. They charge you when you flash any bread at them. Lulu really enjoyed it when the ducks would chase each other fighting for the bread. He found this highly diverting. Mainly because playing chase is the height of entertainment in his book.

When Dilly got home, we worked on pedaling his bike. He did a good job. We are so close to him being able to ride by himself. Practice, practice, practice. I can hardly wait to celebrate this milestone.

No comments: