Sunday, March 29, 2009

One moment in time


If there is one good thing about leading a crazy busy life it's the times when you can lay it all down and totally relax. Not having to think about anyone else and even more important not having to think about myself (am I a good mom, wife, sister, daughter, employee, volunteer, etc. and the guilt that goes along with this). Just enjoying the moment and letting all my senses work together for good.

I am writing this after getting hopelessly lost on my way to a Pampered Chef party in Rowlett. I decided to hang out at Lake Ray Hubbard instead since I did succeed in finding the Lake. There were many people enjoying the nice weather. I even saw three guys wind surfing, very cool.

I sit here and I can hear the gentle waves run lightly over the rocks to my right. I can feel the wind, slightly cold, blowing across my face, contrasting nicely with the sun gently warming me from above. All in all an awesome moment. No scheduling, no negative inner dialoge, no comparisons, no guilt. Just me enjoying a beautiful day.

No comments: