Sunday, March 29, 2009

Green Cleaning


One of things that I really enjoy is making my own cleaners. I like that I know exactly what is in it and can control how I want it to smell. I will share a few of my favorite recipes:

Gorgeously Green All-Purpose Spray
From: Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano

32 oz spray bottle
2 cups filtered water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. pure castile soap
3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
20 drops tea tree oil
20 drops lavender or lemon grass essential oil

Mix all ingredients together in spray bottle. I have made a few variations on this cleaner. For the bathroom I use Borax instead of hydrogen peroxide (I don't like the smell of the peroxide). I have read that Borax should not be used on food prep surfaces so I don't use this variation in the kitchen.

No comments: