Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break

This has been a great week. I have enjoyed being home with the kids. The weather has been so mild and balmy. Some busy days and some slow days. Good times. I even found time for a little cleaning and yard work. Not bad at all.

Yesterday we went, as a family to Fort Worth, we visited the stock yards and the science museum. We even experienced a fire drill complete with Fort Worth firemen. The kids were excited. We were all tired by the end of the day, but overall a success. Love the one day trip, so much easier than multiple day family vacations. Much better for Dylan, and to be honest, for me as well. For as we all know family trips are working vacations for Moms (and Dads too).

Spending the day out of the house with Dylan is a anxiety provoking undertaking. For example I was standing next to Dylan in a China exhibit and we were both enjoying looking at the kitchen they had set up. I began to read an interesting fact written on the wall and when I look up Dylan is gone. I run around looking for him just in time to see him disappear around the corner. I run after him and don't catch up till he has turned right down the hall and was almost to the elevator. He wanted to ride the elevator and decided to take matters into his own hand. If I had look up one second later I would not have seen which direction he had gone. And it would have been a whole different day from there. I think this example is representative enough to demonstrate why one would not want to sign up for a whole week of these situations.

No comments: