Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thrifting Treasures



Found a few awesome bargains on Saturday that I thought I would share. I saw a garage sale out in the side yard of the house on the corner on my way to take LuLu to gymnastics. I was eyeing the goods as I drove by and saw that there were a couple of couple of arm chairs that looked promising. I was running late to they gymnastics class or I would have stopped. It just so happens that I am looking for a good reading chair for my bedroom. We were gone for an hour and then drove back home. I had my eye out for the chairs as I drove by the garage sale again and they were both there. One was gold with nail head trim, and did not match the decor of my house. But the other chair was just right, just the right size, just the right color, and just the right price. The teenager that sold it to me also offered to drive it to my house in his truck. It really was my lucky day. When I got it home I pulled off the tag on the bottom and found that it is a Clyde Pearson chair. What really got me was the manufactures tag that lists what it is made from: Curled Hair 40%, Horse Mane 25%, Hog 75%, and Blended Cotton Felt 65% percent. Somehow the math does not add up but the chair is awesome and only cost me $20.

I also found a great tricycle at the thrift store near my house. It is a good quality bike, and the boys are always fighting over the big wheel that we currently have, so I went ahead and got it. Now they can each ride in style. I paid $8 for the tricycle, but I found a new Kettler retails for $200. That seems crazy to me, but glad to get it in such good shape second hand.

1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Man oh man, I just LOVE thrifting! I get such a feeling of accomplishment out of making finds like these, whereas when I buy something brand new, mostly all I feel is guilt!