Monday, June 8, 2009

Love of Learning

One thing that I know about myself is that I love to learn. Interests come and go, but lately I am feeling very drawn to sewing. I've done basic sewing in the past, but it has been 15 years since I have sat behind a sewing machine. I feel this is something a need to learn. Maybe it is a longing to connect to my mother, who is gone, but I feel myself becoming more like her every day.

I have signed up for a local basic sewing class. It is one class where we make a simple tote bag, but I am really looking forward to it. This also ties in to one of my other current obsessions, fabric tote bags. I have quite a motley collection.

2 comments:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day. Glad my post on finding balance spoke to you. I think you are definitely on the right track. You have a heavy load to carry, but you are making the choice to look for the beauty and happiness that is there to be found, and that is all any of us can do, really.

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by your blog to check on you. I need a Jana fix. :-) Hugs to you and your boys. --Tracye