Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day in LA


D. eating blueberries


Ripe blueberries

L. picking blueberries

Fun times were had by all on our weekend trip to Winnsboro, Louisiana over the holiday weekend. Viva La Three Day Weekend! The weekend was spent catching up with family, fishing, blueberry picking, riding the mule and eating (catfish, hamburgers, and fruit salad).

I was able to go jogging at a little 1/2 mile trail with a paved walkway. It is very picturesque with very tall, old pine trees, a creek that runs beside the path, a wooden bridge that leads to a cozy boy scout cabin, and a handful of squirrels and birds to look at on your way. I look forward to visiting the walking trail every time we come for a visit. I am able to get some quite time with nature and my thoughts (which is a rare thing for this working Mom) and can burn off a few of the million calories that I consume over a weekend visit.

No comments: